Sunday, October 3, 2010

Best low cost studio headphones

   After a year or so of playing guitar, I decided to get a multi-effects pedal. I had a lot of fun trying out the pedal but, I realized that it would be a real benefit to get a good set of headphones.

    I was using a set of headphones that had been used with an old radio/cassette player. The sound quality of the headphones was poor and I was starting to lose sound on the right side of them.

    I decided that I needed something a little more serious for my multi-effects pedal than the average headphones. I was impressed with the studio style headphones I had seen in my search but I found a majority of them too expensive. But, since I liked the design of the studio-style headphones and the quality of sound that is promised with them, I continued searching.

    I eventually found a pair of studio headphones that had the features and price I wanted. I found and purchased the Sony MDR-V150 Studio Monitor headphones.

    The Sony MDR-V150 Studio Monitor headphones come in all black with a cord that is over 6ft long. It has a 1/8 plug that will connect to any standard electronics such as a CD or MP3 player. It also has a 1/4 adapter included, that can be used to connect to home stereos, etc. I am currently using these headphones with my multi-effects pedal(using the 1/4 adapter) that I use while playing guitar.

    The sound from these headphones is very impressive. When I first received the headphones, I connected them to my PC. I tested them by listening to a few songs stored on my hard drive. I was very surprised. The sound coming from these headphones was similar to the sound generated from a home stereo system. Out of all the headphones I have owned, I have never heard anything of this quality. The sound was clear, it seemed like I could hear parts of a song that I didn’t hear with the other headphones I owned. It had surprisingly deep bass. The sound was similar to full-size home stereo speakers. The sound from these headphones wasn’t bland or flat. They produced a clear full sound with deep bass. I have had these headphones for a few years now and would recommend them to anyone searching for a set of studio headphones that are affordable, comfortable, and offer high-quality sound.